Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A BIG HELLO!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: A BIG HELLO! Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I came accross this sight while I was shopping at Egyptian Dreams, and I have to say it seems full of very interesting people.
I have been interested in Ancient Egypt for a couple of years now, but I've only just decided to start a course in Egyptology. So far I've taught myself everything I know about Egypt (mostly through reading), but once the course starts I'll most likely find there's a lot I don't know!
Very Happy
Rozette
Vizier
Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Daughter _Of_Seti,

Welcome to Egyptian dreams Very Happy
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Daughter of Seti Very Happy

Part of me wants to ask "which daughetr of Seti?" Very Happy
Tia or Henutmire?
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to your question anneke;

I seem to remember reading about Ramses II marrying one of his sisters Question so whichever daughter of Seti's that was, I'll be her Laughing

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I think there's some debate about the identity of Henutmire, but I think they know feel that she was a sister of Ramses.
So Queen Henutmire you are Laughing Buried in Queens Valley: QV75...

Tia was also a sister but she married a man named Tia. So Princess Tia would be your esteemed older sister Wink
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome rozette and anneke, it's great to be part of this forum. Hopefully I might join in on some discussion sometime (It'll most likely be a while before I have anything too knowledgeable to add though).

argue

Thanks anneke for the info on Henutmire! I hadn't realised there was any debate over her father being Seti or Ramses II himself, although Ramses II did marry a daughter as well, so either could really be true. Embarassed

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
susan
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Hi Daughter of Seti Reply with quote

Hi, I am very new to the site also and was interested to learn that you have just started a course in egyptology. May I ask where, I can't find anything like that in my local area?
Would love to do somthing similar.
Speak soon
Susan
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello2

Hello susan, and welcome to Egyptian Dreams.

The Egyptology course I'm doing is actually a home study course, you can find more information at:

http://www.egyptologyonline.com/courses.htm

I don't know if you're interested, but on that site there are 6 different types of courses to do with Egypt, varying in grades and areas of interest. The one I'm doing is the Introduction To Egyptology (starting at the bottom seeing I'm mostly self taught). Wink

Hope this is helpful to you Very Happy

Nefertem's Lotus
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Daughter_Of_SETI. I am doing a course off that website. I am doing the higher diploma in Egyptology. I am having to teach myself it all as well. I never even got to do it in primary school!! All of my friends got to! Not fair!

Oh by the way I am going on a dig near you in the summer (In York). Laughing
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qoute Nefertem's Lotus:

Quote:
I never even got to do it in primary school!!

I totally sympathise with you there, neither did I.

Quote:
Oh by the way I am going on a dig near you in the summer (In York). Laughing

Sounds really exciting, have you ever done anything like that before? You're right though, the dig you're going on is pretty close to where I live (In Hull). Do you know what it is you'll be working on, or will that be a surprise? Shocked You'll have to let us all know how you get on.

Dancing Hope you enjoy yourself.

Nefertem's Lotus
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sounds really exciting, have you ever done anything like that before? You're right though, the dig you're going on is pretty close to where I live (In Hull). Do you know what it is you'll be working on, or will that be a surprise? You'll have to let us all know how you get on.

No, this is my first one so I am really excited Very Happy I am going to be working on an area by the York minster where there they believe that there was once a medieval chapel, part of the archbishops' palace and a post-medieval mansion. I am only going for a week (well I can only afford to go that long, it is a training dig so I have to pay for tuition plus accommodation.)
Nefertem's Lotus
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hope you enjoy yourself.

Thank you by the way, I will. Very Happy I have my own WHS 4 inch pointing trowel ready hehe.
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nefertem's Lotus. I meant to ask you in my last post but I forgot - Is the dig that you're going on anything to do with your course, or is it completely seperate? I'm sorry if it sounds nosey, but I'd love to do something like that, it sounds amazing.
When I originally went on the site to sign up for the Egyptology course, I went on it with the intentions of doing the Hieroglyphics course, but thought I'd do better with the Introductory course first. I'd like to do them all though, so maybe in a few years I'll be doing the one you're doing now (I'm not sure about the Christianity in Egypt one though).
I think we should send Home Study emails, to suggest that as part of their coursework they sould include an all expenses trip to Egypt for all their students, laughing5 I'm sure they'd agree Laughing
I don't know if you've been to York before, but it's supposed to be full of historical sites (I haven't been since I was a kid, and went to the Jorvik Viking Centre - probably with school), mind you, you'll most likely fill all your time with digging. Razz

Wish I was there Evil or Very Mad

cya

Nefertem's Lotus
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it isn't anything to do with my course. I had to find it out myself. It is OK by the way, ask away. Very Happy

Quote:
they sould include an all expenses trip to Egypt for all their students

I totally agree Very Happy (I wish)

I don't recall ever being to York before so it will be quite interesting. I am going a couple of days earlier I think to look around the place a bit first. There is a lot of medieval history there. Anyway enough about me, lets talk about you again. After all this is your thread.
susan
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Egyptology course online Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Daughter_Of_Seti. I have had a look at the site and quite fancy the Intro to Hieroglyphics but would like to do the one you are doing also. I will make my mind up eventually and become the expert I wish I was. The discussions on this site are really very interesting but quite over my head at the moment. I really do need to learn a lot more than I do now. However, it is the most interesting subject in the whole world to me and the more I learn the more I want to learn.
Thanks for your welcome and help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: