Go to the Egyptian Dreams shop
Egyptian Dreams
Ancient Egypt Discussion Board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello everybody, this is me.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akhenaten
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Hello everybody, this is me. Reply with quote

Hello there everybody, my name's James and I'm a 16 year-old Egyptophile from south Kent, or thereabouts. I'm pleased to have found a whole community dedicated to the wonders of Egypt!

If you're interested, here's some further stuff about me:

Age - 16
Favourite Subjects - History, English, Geography, Civilisation, Politics
Favourite Music - Queen, Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay, Oasis, Kaiser Chiefs
Favourite Film - House of Flying Daggers, Hero, Indy trilogy, The Mummy s
Favourite Author - Wilbur Smith, Clive Cussler, Christian Jacq
Favourite Pharaoh - Akhenaten

I'm passionate about all things Egyptian, but especially Akhenaten and the Armana period, hence the name. My story about the Pharaoh for GCSE coursework gained full marks, and I'm an avid writer in my spare time, with thousands of ideas but no time to write properly. There is however an Akhenaten story I'm currently working on, and I might post the other here if the school'll let me (it being coursework and all that).

In terms of Egyptology, I'm totally addicted to it. I'm up at the British Museum almost every weekend, ferreting out some new item or other or else wandering round the Petrie. I'm dead set on Egyptology as a career when I leave school.

I'm always on the lookout to talk to other people who love the same things as I, so if you're about the same age and interested, why not drop me a line? I'd be happy to reply.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this!

Sweet Egyptian Dreams,
James
anneke
Queen of Egypt
Queen of Egypt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Egyptian Dreams James Very Happy

I find the Amarna period fascinating as well. You'll like the Amarna forum quite a bit I bet.
Daughter_Of_SETI
Divine Adoratrice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave

Hi James!

Christian Jacq is also one of my favourite authors, I've just finished reading The Battle Of Kadesh (loved it).

Hope you find The Egyptian Dreams forum as interesting as I have. Very Happy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett.
sekhmet neseret
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome among us, fan of the greatest band of the world: Queen! cheers

be careful with C Jacq; don't know if you believe what he says in his books, but you have to be careful; he belonged (or stills belongs?) to a sect... Confused

Quote:
I'm up at the British Museum almost every weekend
like me with the Louvre! Razz but the problem with the Louvre is that it's not free for people upper 18, and soon i'll be 18.... Sad (the trick is to do an art university! all the museums are free! Very Happy )
akhenaten
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see we agree about Queen!

About the Louvre... have you looked underneath le pyramide inversee recently?

Any more info on Christian Jacq's sect? It's not the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, is it?
sekhmet neseret
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akhenaten wrote:
About the Louvre... have you looked underneath le pyramide inversee recently?

yes, and there was...ahaaaa!!something! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

don't remember what sect Jacq belongs, or beloged; he's said to be an egyptolog but he didn't do any excavation...
i'll make enquiries! Very Happy

(Scaramouche! Scaramouche! Will you do the Fandango!! Mr. Green )
Nefertem's Lotus
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you seem very similar to me from looking at your profile. I am also 16. It's nice to meet people with similar interests. Nobody I know personally has any interest in Egyptology or archaeology. (By the way I love Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones as well Very Happy )
sekhmet neseret
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've done some little search about Jacq:

Quote:
La vision de Christian Jacq est-elle celle d'une secte? D'abord sa fascination pour les secrets, qu'ils soient des francs-maçons, des bâtisseurs de cathédrales ou des proches des pharaons. Son goût pour l'initiation, un thème qui revient dans toute son œuvre. Un article accusateur de Charlie Hebdo, en 1996, prétendait que l'écrivain avait créé deux associations, l'Institut Ramsès et Naos. But: fonder une «maison de vie» au règlement intérieur rigoureux, encadrée par un «vénérable maître d'œuvre» et une «vénérable rectrice». Carole Vantroys, du magazine Lire, a mené - en 1996 - une longue enquête pour y voir plus clair. Seule déclaration, très nuancée, d'un égyptologue, celle de Jean Yoyotte, professeur au Collège de France: «Christian Jacq se réclame d'une tradition ésotérique, c'est indéniable, et ses livres sont orientés dans la perspective d'une révélation.»
( http://livres.lexpress.fr/portrait.asp/idC=2568/idR=5/idTC=5/idG=0 )

sorry, it's in french. Sad

this is a traduction:
"Is C. Jacq's vision a vision of a sect? 1st, his fascination for secrets (freemasonry, cathedrals builders, close relatives of pharaoh...(and now his books about Mozart, who would have beloged to a sect...)), his tastes about initiations, a reccurent theme in all his books. An accusing article from Charlie Hebdo, from 1996, claimed that he had created two associations: "the Rameses Institute", and "Naos". His aim being: setting up a "life house" (?? ==>in french it's "maison de vie"), with a strict regulation, and managed by "a venerable project manager" and "venerable director" (in french, it's in the feminine; so it would refer to his wife, who was suspected to be involved in this project, too).
Carole Ventroy, from Lire magasine led a long inquiry in 1996. She only had one statement from an egyptolog, Jean Yoyotte, who said: <<C.J. identifies with an esoteric tradition, it's undeniable, and his books are directed towards a revelation>>

sorry for the mistakes, i'm not excellent in english.

so, about C.J., we're not sure he beloged to a sect but a lot of clues lead us to think in this direction.

for me, it's indeniable.

bye! Razz
akhenaten
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I agree with you. All the evidence points to his involvement. We'll have to wait and see...
imanobody
Scribe
Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akhenaten wrote:
Favourite Pharaoh - Akhenaten

Now that just ain't right.
Well, at least you didn't say Aye.

I'm kidding with you Laughing

You'll find the people here to some of the kindest people on the internet. Even me.... from time to time. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Egyptian Dreams Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: